In mid-March, Sony Mobile started pushing out Lollipop upgrades to Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, and expanded the software availbility in mid-April to several more Xperia devices, including the Xperia Z1 flagship. Based on the last couple of months feedback received from consumers, Sony Mobile put together a new firmware update, looking to show that they are listening to people’s request in terms of features and software functionality, hence a new update is rolling out as of this week, improving the overall functionality of the OS for a plethora of Xperia devices.
Sony Mobile Forum statement: “After making Android 5.0 Lollipop available for these smartphones, you posted feature requests and feedback on a few items here on the community. We are really grateful for that and as we’re keen to ensure that all our software is as good as it can possibly be, we’ve addressed these & improved on a few things.”
The software update is available for Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet.
Lollipop software update for Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 whats fixed and included:
- Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage
- Added a Sony feature; bringing back the “close-all-button” in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once
- Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications
- Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes – and no longer offset by “silent”
- Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)
- Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode
Be advised that the timing and availability may vary by region or carrier.