One of the most anticipated press conferences at CES 2015, was the one in which LG Electronics unveiled the G Flex 2, the smartphone that’s bringing technology to the next level with its flexible everything.
The LG G Flex 2 is better than the first generation G Flex in every way. Yes, it comes with a slightly smaller Plastic OLED screen (only 5.5-inch in comparison to the huge 6-inch display on the first gen), but it is far better because it comes in Full HD res (720p HD last year) and it is covered by a layer of toughened glass that’s up to 30% more resistant to scratches and impact. With a beautifully curved and an elegant housing that comes in Platinum Silver or Flamenco Red, the phone (yes, phone, due to its new size) is powered by Qualcomm’s latest 64-bit SoC – Snapdragon 810, which is accompanied by 2GB or 3GB of RAM (two variants), an Adreno 430 GPU and 16 or 32 GB of built-in storage and also a microSD card slot (up to 2TB of storage apparently).
In addition, the LG G Flex 2 packs a 3,000 mAh battery, and although you do have access underneath the back plate, it comes with an embedded (non-removable) battery. The phone also has a 13MP main camera with OIS+ LASER autofocus like the LG G3 and a 2.1MP front-facing camera. On the connectivity side, the Flex 2 is jam packed with everything available today, including 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1 and NFC.
Software wise, it runs Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system with a customized UI that offers a lot of interesting features to the user, such as Gesture Shot, Gesture View, Glance View, etc
Specifications (may vary depending on market):
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 processor with 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD Curved P-OLED (1080 x 1920 pixels / 403 ppi)
- Memory: 16/32GB eMMC ROM / 2GB DDR4 RAM / microSD slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ with Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Size: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4mm
- Weight: 152g
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21/42 Mbps