Samsung Galaxy Alpha is by now a certainty. The smartphone is what the South Korean OEM considers a premium device, although judging from all earlier leaks, the only premium material used in its construction is the metal frame.
Thanks to the latest leaks from around the globe (Brazil and Moscow) we now have a pretty good idea whats been hiding under the hood of this smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha specs:
- Display: 4.7-inch
- Screen Res: 1080 x 720 pixels (pretty weird)
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 32GB no micro SD slot
- CPU: Octa-core Exynos (1.8GHz quad + 1.3GHz quad)
- Camera: 12MP / 2.1MP
- Sensors: Heart Rate monitor, Fingerprint scanner
- Conectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0, 4G LTE, A-GPS
- Battery: 1,860 mAh
- OS: Android 4.4
In terms of pricing the Galaxy Alpha (model SM-G850S) will cost 2,399 Real’s (brazilian coin), about 785 Euro, 1050 USD Dollars. The new Samsung phone is expected to launch some time between mid-august to IFA 2014, maybe along with the upcoming Galaxy Note 4 phablet and the new Gear Solo, a GSM equipped smartwatch.
What do you think of this new “Premium smartphone”. Are you fond of it?