64-bit MT6795 chipset with 4G support for devices equipped with 2K displays announced by Taiwanese SoC maker, Mediatek.
As expected, Mediatek has announced today cutting edge new chipset with a slew of new features which will also be ridiculously affordable. The MT6595 SoC is the first “True” 64-bit octa-core processor with 2K display support (devices ranging from $350 and up) with speed up to 2.2GHz. This chipset also feature MediaTek’s CorePilot technology which provides world-class multi-processor performance and thermal control, as well as dual-channel LPDDR3 RAM clocked at 933MHz for top-end memory bandwidth in a smartphones.
Other features included are support for 120Hz displays and the capability to create and playback Full HD Super-Slow Motion videos at 480 frames per second.
“MediaTek has once again demonstrated leading engineering capabilities by delivering breakthrough technology and time-to-market advantage that enable limitless opportunities for our partners and end users, while setting the bar even higher for our competition,” said Jeffrey Ju, General Manager of the MediaTek Smartphone Business Unit. “With a complete and inclusive 64-bit LTE SoC product portfolio, we are firmly on track to lead the industry in delivering premium mobile user experiences for years to come.”
Key features of MT6795:
- 64-bit True Octa-core LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
- MediaTek CorePilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on device display (2560×1600)
- 120Hz mobile display with Response Time Enhancement Technology and MediaTek ClearMotionTM
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video feature
- Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
- Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC
The first commercially available devices based on the 64-bit MT6795 chipset will arrive by the end of the year, most likely in Asia, followed up shortly by Europe and the North American continent early 2015.