LG G Pro 2 announced in South Korea with a stunning display and brand new UX features.
Recognized as the best smartphone at Mobile World Congress 2013, the LG Optimus G Pro now officially has a younger brother, the LG G Pro 2, which was just introduced earlier this morning to the South Korean market.
LG G Pro 2 comes with a gorgeous 5.9-inch Full HD IPS display and a very slim bezel (3.3mm). LG Electronics says that the G Pro 2 offers an industry-leading screen-to-frame ratio of 77.2 percent. It also delivers a thicker, high-power 1W Hi-Fi sound that’s 30 percent louder than G Pro’s, which delivers clearer sound with more powerful bass. Another interesting new feature is the Knock Mode that allows locking/unlocking of the G Pro 2 with much more ease.
“Knock Code is an example of LG bringing simpler, more convenient solutions to consumers’ mobile lives,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “Whereas in the early years of smartphones it was a contest to see how many features could be stuffed into the phones, our researchers took a long, hard look at how consumers were really using their devices in their daily lives and included just the most useful UX features. We think customers will agree.”
LG G Pro 2 image capturing features:
● 120FPS HD Video Recording and Slow-Motion Editing: Records in 120fps HD and allows editing of video in three different speeds — one-half slow motion, one-fourth slow motion and original
● 4K ULTRA HD Recording: Records video footage in ultra-high definition mode for playback on 4K TV sets
● Magic Focus: After the shot is taken, the user has the option to select the preferred depth of focus before saving. Users could also press the ‘All in Focus’ icon to set focus on all spots of the picture.
● Natural Flash: Offers a much more balanced color temperature and exposure compared to the normal flash, which results in a most natural image just as it is in real life.
● Flash for Selfie: Reduces the size of the preview screen and adds a bright white background for more “soft” lighting in self-portrait mode
● Burst Shot: Takes up to 20 continuous shots and automatically edits them to create a video of the captured images
● Gallery Collage: Allows users to select photos from their gallery to create a collage for easy uploading to favorite social network sites
In addition to the latest components, the G Pro 2 also boasts a collection of upgraded features that complements today’s mobile lifestyle where much of the information we need is in the palm of our hands or in our back pockets. Some of these new UX features include:
● Content Lock: Provides users more security with the ability to lock files, photos, videos and memos with a unique password
● Mini View: Enables users to comfortably use the G Pro 2 with one hand by shrinking the display to a size ranging from 3.4 inches to 4.7 inches, depending on the user’s preference
● Dual Browser: Divides the expansive screen into two separate browser windows for more convenient surfing
LG G Pro 2 Key Specifications:
- – Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 (2.26 GHz Quad-Core)
- – GPU: Qualcomm Technologies’ Adreno™ 330
- – Display: 5.9-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080), Slim Bezel
- – Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM / 16GB/32GB eMMC ROM / microSD slot
- – Camera: Rear 13.0MP OIS+ / Front 2.1MP
- – Battery: 3,200mAh (removable)
- – Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- – Size: 157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3mm
- – Weight: 172g
- – Network: LTE / HSPA+
- – Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Ready (BT 4.0) / USB / WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) / NFC / SlimPort
- – Colors: Titan, White, Silver
- – Other: Knock Code™, 1W Hi-Fi Sound, Content Lock
LG has not determined yet the availability of this smartphone outside Korea, but those who would like to give it a hands-on treatment can do so at Mobile World Congress 2014, in Barcelona, visting LG’s Booth in Hall 3 of Fira Gran Via.