Google started something new this year, you might have noticed, you might not have but there was over a million votes cast in the first ever annual Player’s choice awards. There were six individual categories to pick a winner for and Google even made it into a feature on the Google Play store. The six category winners were as follows;
- Most addictive games winner: Knights and Dragons
- Best franchise games winner: Bejeweled Blitz
- Best game based on a movie winner: The Hobbit Kingdoms by Kabam
- Best app for enhancing the everyday winner: Duolingo: Learn Languages Free by Duolingo
- Best app for booking and buying winner: Movies by Flixster
- Best Google app winner: YouTube
As well as voting on Google’s specified categories you also had the ability to write in another app you wanted to win, four apps in total were mentioned as a favourite app with Ingress and Samurai Siege being nominated for favourite games. Meanwhile; Swiftkey keyboard and NewsHog: Google News & Weather got nominated for favourie apps.
If you missed your chance to vote this year, don’t worryt about it, because this is going to be an annual award for Google, so you’ll get your chance next year.