Very shortly you will be able to run your business from your wrist with the Galaxy Gear, which allows you to make calls run Apps and take photos! Sprint will start selling the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Gear smartwatch from 4 October, both online and in stores. Whilst you cannot yet pre-order, you are able to register for more info on the two devices if you need to go with Sprint. But Sprint won’t come cheaply, with the 5.7-inch handset coming in at $349 with a two-year contract. Besides getting Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 3GB of RAM, a 3200mAh battery, and a 1080p Super AMOLED screen, you will be locked into a contract and the price of the Note 3 is higher than the original price of the Nexus 4.
The phone is cheaper upfront at AT&T and Verizon at $299 and $199 from T-Mobile. The Gear has no contract and retails for $299 and is available in Black, Beige and Orange. Verizon has a combo-deal for both devices but Sprint has not announced anything similar.
The Galaxy Note 3 is built on Android™ 4.3, Jelly Bean, is available in black or white and costs $349.99. Prices are excluding taxes. “Galaxy Note 3 smartphone customers can sign up for Sprint’s new Unlimited, My WaySM plan or My All-inSM plan with talk, text and data while on the Sprint network. The Sprint Unlimited GuaranteeSM gives customers unlimited talk (calls to any wireline or mobile phone), text and data while on the Sprint network for the life of the line of service.” This is the only network operator that offers this service. There is also the Sprint One UpSM, a new upgrade program that allows clients to upgrade their smartphone every 12 months and get their best smartphone plan, Unlimited, My WaySM starting at $65 a month. This excludes taxes and surcharges.
‘Galaxy Gear introduces the smartphone experience to wearable gear. It features a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED® display and 1.9-megapixel camera. When paired with Galaxy Note 3, the user is connected to discreet notifications, hands-free calling, media/music control and S Voice™ access. Other key features include:
- Smart Relay™: Quick Glance Notification alert for incoming calls, messages and more on Galaxy Gear. When you pick up Galaxy Note 3, it will intuitively open the appropriate application to save you time.
- Smart Lock: Automatically lock or unlock Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear as soon as Galaxy Gear is within a 5-foot radius of Galaxy Note 3.
- Find My Device: Galaxy Gear can be used to find Galaxy Note 3 by remotely triggering an alarm when within Bluetooth® range. Galaxy Note 3 can also be used the same way to find Galaxy Gear.’
Sprint and Samsung have been partners in innovation for years and the Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear will give a wireless experience like no other. It is because of this that we have introduced our unlimited service because these types of pairings will increase the quantity of data clients will use monthly. “We believe clients should not be restricted to use their smartphones when their wireless provider wants; they should be able to use it when they want and the way they want”, said David Owens, vice president, Product Development, Sprint.
Galaxy Note 3 offers a fast 2.3GHz quad-core processor for tough multitasking. There is a new Multi Window which allows users to toggle between supported applications without closing a window or opening a new page. There is also Drag and Drop mode within the new Multi Window which allows users to drag and drop text or image from one window to the other. Additionally, users can also run the same application in two different windows simultaneously.
The 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display provides a lovely viewing experience and allows enhanced multitasking capabilities that enables users to utilize the larger screen optimally.
“The new S Pen™ can be used for drawing sketches or writing notes but also plays an integral role in how users interface with the device. A simple click of the S Pen button while hovering over the screen introduces Air Command™. With Air Command, there is no need to toggle between screens, memorize commands or look up different menus. These five features make it faster and easier to get things done:
- Action Memo™ allows users to handwrite a note and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add contacts, look up an address on a map, search the Web, save a task to a to-do list, and more.
- Scrapbook enables users to organize or track down content and information from various sources, including the Web, YouTube and Gallery in one place so they can easily look back at collected content.
- Screen Write captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments on the captured image.
- S Finder™ allows users to search for content on their device regardless of the type. By putting in keywords or filters such as date, location and content type, users can search related documents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page – all in one place. In addition, users can also search for handwritten content in their Notes and memo