Today, AT&T has announced that they are starting to push out Android 4.1.2 JellyBean software update to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 SGH-i497 launched in November, last year with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The new firmware upgrade will be available the next couple of weeks through Samsung Kies software update tool for Mac or PC.
The whole instrunctions on how-to download and install Android 4.1.2 on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 SGH-i497 can be found on Samsung Support website. Once upgrade your tablet should be running firmware build number I497UCUAMF2. To check that just go into Settings > About tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (SGH-i497) Android 4.1.2 change log:
- Customizable widgets
- Improved text input and spell-checking
- New dictionaries for better error correction and word suggestion
- Enhanced web browsing and personalization capability
- Improved email management
- New technology for better security options
- Google Now with enhanced voice activation