MetroPCS and T-Mobile possible merger has been already approved by the FCC Comission earlier last week and now The Committee on Foreign Investment also gives green light saying “there are no unresolved national security concerns with respect to the transaction and that it has therefore concluded its review.” Which means that the merger between the two carriers received all the necessary regulatory approvals all that’s left is stockholders vote.
Meanwhile MetroPCS announces new LTE smartphone – Huawei Premia 4G. Premia runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, features a 4 inch Gorilla Glass display, 1.5Ghz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM and a 5MP rear-facing camera.
The Huawei handset is now available in stores and online priced at $150 or with any of the 4GLTE rate plans, which begin at $40 per month and offer unlimited talk, text and data.
MetroPCS Continues to Deliver Value and Versatility with the Huawei Premia™ 4G
MetroPCS’ second Huawei 4G LTE smartphone packs high performance and design into affordable package
DALLAS (March 21, 2013) – MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS) and Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, are giving consumers another great option to keep up with friends and family with a new powerful, yet affordable, 4GLTE smartphone – the Huawei Premia™ 4G – available for only $149.
This latest addition to MetroPCS’ extensive lineup of 4GLTE smartphones includes all the features for an exceptional mobile experience, including:
· 4.0-inch Corning Gorilla Glass™ screen displays a crystal-clear picture
· 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 1GB RAM for effortless multitasking
· 5.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with rear-facing LED flash for improved pictures
· Video recording and playback to capture life’s special moments
· Android 4.0 operating system (Ice Cream Sandwich)
· joyn™ by MetroPCS capability delivers a unified and intuitive way to communicate and share with friends and family with enriched services like video calling and Wi-Fi calling, integrated instant messaging or chat, image, video and file sharing. The official joyn app can be downloaded via Google Play and the @metro App Store™ and is included with any 4G LTE rate plan.
MetroPCS offers consumers unmatched value when pairing the Premia 4G with any of the simplified 4GLTE rate plans, which begin at $40 per month and offer unlimited talk, text and data – all applicable taxes and regulatory-fees included. Great services like MetroPCS 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot and Rhapsody unlimited on-demand music are available for low additional monthly charges, with Rhapsody offered at the best deal in town for just $5 per month.
The Huawei Premia 4G is available in stores and online beginning today.