Packed with cool new features to better integrate in our daily routine (life) and top-notch hardware components, the Samsung GALAXY S4 has been introduced to the world yesterday. There was a bit of mystery surrounding the new GALAXY S flagship, whether the phone will sport Qualcomm’s latest CPU’s or Samsung made Exynos 5 Octa chipset.
The International version will feature the Exynos 5 Octa (8 cores) processor, while the US variant has just been confirmed by Qualcomm to run on its Snapdragon 600 chipset. If you’re wondering why this option, the reasoning is simple. The US market requires 4G LTE-enabled devices, as it is one of the most wide-spread and evolved LTE network.
The Snapdragon 600 processor helps consumers do more on their mobile devices, providing seamless app switching, high-speed Web browsing, email connectivity, GPS, multimedia, fast gaming, social networking and 4G/LTE connectivity.
US GALAXY S4 key specs:
- Quad-core 1.9Ghz Krait CPU
- LTE Cat 3 network support
- 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Hexagon QDSP6 for ultra-low power audio playback and video enhancements
- Speed enhanced Adreno 320 GPU for high-end 3D graphics and compute processing
- 1080p HD video capture and playback
- HD multichannel sound with DTS-HD™ and Dolby® Digital Plus™ audio
- OpenGL ES 3.0 conformant