Producteev has a good reputation for ToDo management, and has been available as a web app for many years. The addition of Android and iOS apps are relatively new, but they have made up for lost time quickly. First, a reminder of the criteria I was looking for:
- An attractive and easy to use interface. This may seem silly, but a boring or dull interface isn’t going to make me want to use the app, so if it’s attractive, I will be more likely to use it. Ease of use is also a must. I don’t want to take five minutes to add a task.
- Cloud synching/online backup. The last thing I want is to lose all my tasks if I lose my phone.
- Compatible with third-party apps or have a desktop program. In this day, people use more than one device to access their email, texts and twitter feeds. ToDo‘s, to be useful, should be the same. We’ve all had that moment when we think of something but don’t have our ToDo list to hand.
- Free to use. I don’t want to be paying a monthly subscription to have to use a service. Ideally, I’d like the app to be free too, or at least a reasonable price (under £2.00/$3/€2.50)
- collaborative lists. Living with a young family with lots of appointments and tasks to complete, collaborative lists are a useful feature. My wife can make a list of chores she wants me to do and they will alert me when they need doing. If she texts me, tells me over the phone or first thing, I can guarantee I will forget before I put the phone down. With an app on my phone to remind me, this is much less likely.
1 – Interface:
Producteev’s UI is simple yet colourful. There are handy tips to show you what goes where, and each task has a simple look. Tap on the task to access the details pain which will show you which list, tags and workspace it is in as well as any additional notes you may have added.
Produxteev uses tags and workspaces. Tasks can have many tags, but can belong to only one workspace. You can think of a workspace as location specific (So you could have one for Home and one for Work).
Producteev comes with a built-in widget in two sizes where you can add tasks and complete them without launching the app itself.
2 – Cloud/Sync:
Upon first logon, you will have to create a Producteev account, as all tasks and work spaces are instantly synched with the web app. This also means that you can access the tasks and related workspaces on the web app or the desktop apps (available for Windows, Mac and web browsers with Blackberry in the pipeline). I have had no problem with their synching in the time I have been testing the app.
3 – Third Party Apps: