Earlier today Google updated it’s Currents app making it version 2.0. For now this update is on Android only. It now adds in an Edition sidebar for quick browsing access based on genres, the ability to swipe vertically for in-Edition scrolling and horizontally to navigate to other “titles,” a custom filter for highlighting sections of interest, a starring system for saving news of note, a Google News-curated breaking news section and, lastly, a new catalog design.
What’s new in 2.0?
- Edition sidebar – quickly access your editions within categories such as business, sports, etc.
- Fast scan – Vertical swipe to scan an edition, horizontal swipe advances to next edition
- Edition-section chooser – Choose “Customize” to filter out sections
- Unread marks – Read stories are marked. (Setting to hide)
- Breaking stories – ranked by Google News. Links to full length content.
- Saved stories – star for future reference
- New catalog design
Download Google Currents if your Android device doesnt come with it pre-installed already.