Evening One S owners, earlier this morning on December 10th, T-Mobile pushed out a software update that will take your smartphone from software version 2.35.531.7 710RD to 2.35.531. 10710RD. Word is going around that it’s a preparation update for Android Jelly Bean 4.1, but no one can confirm this. On T-Mobile’s support page the following things listed are the improvements/fixes this update includes:
Update from Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4
- Fixes data connection delay
- Fixes signal fluctuations
- Fixes WiFi dropping or not connecting
- Fixes WiFi stays connected when out of range
- Fixes crashes and restarts
- Fixes email links not opening
- Fixes lag or loading screens when returning to home page
- Fixes music streaming fixes
- Improved Wi-Fi stability
- User interface improvements
- Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity
- Improvements to prevent devices from getting permanently stuck on 2G when updating.
This software update is roughly 30MB in size, so it shouldn’t take long to get rolling. This is a very minor update but we can only hope these are fixes in preparation for a Jelly Bean update.