After acquiring the other 50% of Sony-Ericsson joint venture from the Swedish company Ericsson, became what we know today Sony Mobile Communication a wholly owned subsidiary of the Japanese electronics company Sony Corporation. Soon after that Sony made its debut with a brand new Xperia series (Xperia S, Xperia, U, Xperia P) back in February at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
In an announcement posted today on Sony Mobile official blog, the company said that a new LTE smartphone dubbed Xperia AX aka Xperia V will be available in Japan by the end of the year.
Sony Xperia AX will feature:
- 4.3″ HD Reality Display screen, powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 13 MP fast-capture camera with new shooting modes; Superior Auto feature, enabling low-light snapping and Picture Effect that lets you preview snaps using different effects
- Sony’s signature tune-tech, including ClearAudio+ mode for aural clarity
- Sony’s media applications; WALKMAN®, Album and Movies
- Ships running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (could be running Android 4.1 by the time the phone will be available in the country).
- NFC technology
and all the popular Japan-specific features such as: infrared port data exchange, mobile wallet and mobile TV. Pricing details and the release date are not available at this time. More in the following weeks.