LG is to launch a new flagship, the Optimus G. The most important feature is what LG calls ‘a unique User Experience (UX)’, made possible by the powerful hardware. LG states in bold words, as Cook did last week, that the UX will enable Optimus G users to “live without boundaries”.
What exactly is this powerful hardware? In short: Qualcomm SnapdragonS4 Pro processor with 1.5 GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs and LTE, 4.7 inch WXGA display with True HD IPS-Plus (1280×768 pixels, only a 3mm bezel), 32GB memory, 2GB RAM, 13 MP rear-camera with a couple of smart and fun features) and a 2100mAh battery.
UX includes QSlide, which shows two different screens simultaneously on one display. Now the user can send email and playing a game (or just watch a movie) in the same time; concurrently as LG sys. Dual Screen Dual Play allows mirroring between phone and TV.
The Optimus G will go on sale in Korea starting next week already. Asia and North-America are following in October, other markets will follow later this year.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs and LTE
- Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Network: 2G / 3G / LTE
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPSPlus (1280 x 768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- Memory: 32GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Camera: 13.0MP or 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Battery: 2,100mAh (570Wh/L) / Talk time: 15 hours / Standby: 335 hours
- Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
- Weight: 145g
- Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL and DLNA, NFC