AT&T makes it official! The long-awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware upgrade is coming to LG Nitro HD next Tuesday, August 31st. Beside Android 4.0 OS version the new software update brings LG’s Optimus 3.0 UI (user interface) released a couple of months ago with the launch of worlds first smartphone to sport 2GB of RAM – LG Optimus LTE II.
LG Nitro HD Android 4.0 upgrade change log:
- New lock screen actions let you conveniently jump directly to a specific application without unlocking the homescreen.
- The redesigned Gallery App & Photo Editor makes it easier to manage, show, and share photos and videos than ever before.
- An updated home screen folder and favorites tray that lets you group your apps and shortcuts logically by simply dragging one onto another.
- Enhanced multitasking capabilities let you instantly navigate from one task to another by leveraging a list in the System Bar that includes thumbnail images of all recently used apps. Just tap the thumbnail to resume using that app.
- Improved text input with an updated keyboard that supports faster text input and more accurate entries with better error correction and word suggestions.
- An app that helps you easily monitor your data usage.
- Face Unlock, a new screen-lock option that intelligently unlocks your device using facial recognition software.
Keep an eye on this link from LG Support for LG Nitro HD instructions on how to download, install and upgrade your smartphone.
AT&T also says that in the coming weeks they will begin rolling out updates to he HTC One X and HTC Inspire. For the Inspire AT&T will add the following features – Address Book, HTC Sense 3.0 and Task Manager. Other ICS upgrade to follow too.