Sprint in partnership with Motorola Mobility announces a new smartphone Photon Q 4 G LTE with a full 5-row physical QWERTY and slide-out keyboard. The phone features a 4.3-inch qHD ColorBoost display with 540x960p resolution, powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 1GB of RAM, 8MP camera on the back and 720p HD in front for video chat.
In addition Photon Q has 8GB of built-in storage, 1785 mAh battery, 4G LTE connectivity, HDMI port, NFC technology is also enabled on the handset and runs Google Android version 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
Additional key features on Motorola PHOTON Q include:
- Android™ 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- Rear-facing 8MP camera with 1080p video capture and playback so you can leave your digital camera at home. Plus, those photos can be set to automatically upload to Google+™ so you don’t have to worry about accidently deleting them.
- Front-facing HD camera for easy Google+™ Hangout video chats or conference calls
- Mirror mode when connected with HDMI cable (sold separately) to view images, files and movies on a larger screen, like your TV at home.
- Sprint ID, offering an innovative way to personalize an Android smartphone with apps, widgets, ringtones and more all, in a single download
- NFC support to share links, apps, YouTube™ clips and more with Android™ Beam
Pricing and availability details for Motorola Poton Q will be announced in the following weeks by Sprint operator.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. & LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. (BUSINESS WIRE), July 26, 2012 – Sprint (NYSE: S), the only national wireless carrier offering truly unlimited data for all phones while on the Sprint network1, and Motorola Mobility today announce Motorola PHOTON Q™ 4G LTE, the next generation of last summer’s popular Motorola PHOTON™ 4G. The new device will boast a five-row, PC-like QWERTY keyboard, international capabilities and a generous 4.3-inch ColorBoost™ display, as well as the ability to operate on Sprint’s new lightning-fast 4G LTE network2.
Pricing and availability for Motorola PHOTON Q will be announced within the next few weeks. Customers seeking additional information can visitwww.sprint.com/photonq.
“Motorola PHOTON Q will be the first 4G LTE device with a QWERTY keyboard and world phone capabilities to join the Sprint line-up,” said David Owens, vice president – Product Development, Sprint. “We want to make sure our 4G LTE handset portfolio has the full complement of choices for our customers. Addi