The most anticipated anual conference – Google I/O 2012 is about to open its doors as there are exactly seven days left before the worlds developers gathering will take place in the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California.
In the await of the event Google has released the official Android application on Google Play Store. The app supports devices running Android 2.2+, and is optimized for phones and tablets of all shapes and sizes.
Here is a list of what this app has to offer (Android univeres is also expecting to see the first Google Nexus tablet too):
- View the conference agenda and edit your personal schedule
- View detailed session, code lab, and speaker information, including speaker bios, photos, and Google+ profiles
- +1 sessions right from the app
- Participate in public #io2012 conversations on Google+
- Guide yourself using the conference map
- Get a reminder a few minutes before sessions in your schedule are due to start
- View information about companies in the Developer Sandbox
- Keep up with announcements from the I/O team during the conference
- View your schedule on your Android 3.0+ device’s home screen using an app widget
- Play back “I/O Live” session video streams on your Android 3.0+ devices
- Automatically sync sessions in your schedule to your Android 4.0 device’s calendar
- Beam session details from your Android 4.0, NFC-enabled device to another using Android Beam
Download Google I/O 2012 Android application free at Google Play store.
Source code for the app will be available soon at http://code.google.com/p/iosched