Japanese electronics manufacturer, NEC has announced on Monday morning , June 18th a new Android tablet built not only for business but for individuals as well. The new LifeTouch L 10.1 inch tablet measures in at 7.99 mm thickness, weighs 540 grams and it runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system by Google.
Both LifeTouch L variants features a 10.1 inch LCD IPS display with 1280 x 800 p resolution, will be available in two memory storage versions 16GB and 32GB for individuals while the corporate model will only be shipped in 16GB with a couple of extra security features including anti theft technology, secure connection to corporate network.
Powered by TI OMAP 4460 processor clocked at 1.5GHz with 1GB of RAM, the Android-based tablet has a PowerVR SGX 540 GPU @ 384MHz frequency, 5MP main camera on the back, 1.2MP camera in front and 7,710 mAh battery capacity. Additionally all the common features will also be included like WiFi support, Bluetooth, micro USB, microHDMI port, etc.
NEC LifeTouch L will be available on July 5th in Japanese market for individuals, the corporate version will start shipping late July.
NEC Life Touch L key specs:
- OS: Android 4.0 (ICS)
- Dimensions: 257mm × 181mm × 7.99mm,
- Weight: 540g mass
- Display: 10.1 inch WXGA LCD IPS, 1,280 × 800 pixel resolution
- CPU: 1.5GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4460
- GPU: PowerVR SGX 540 384MHz Freq
- RAM: 1GB of DDRAM2
- Storage: Built-in for individuals 16GB/32GB, business model 16GB-only
- External Memory: microSD / microSDHC (32GB Max)
- 5MP CMOS (for AF), CMOS 1.2MP pixel
- Communications capabilities: Wi-Fi a / b / g / n (n is the band corresponding 2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR (A2DP/ACRCP/OPP/SPP/HID)
- Battery: up to 10 hours of video viewing time, 7710 mAh capacity.