Sony Mobile teased us for the last 7 days about an upcoming new smartphone and here it is folks the Xperia miro, a slim, stylish handset with Facebook social experiences integrated throughout.
Colourful LED illuminations alert users of incoming notification messages and social updates, offers an easy way to use the video chat with friends with the helo of front facing camera. Provides great music entertainment by integrating Sony’s xLOUD audio technology, giving crisp and loud sound.
Xperia miro will be available in black, black/pink, white and white/gold colours, and will launch globally during Q3 2012.
Xperia™ miro also brings the following highlights:
800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7225A processor.
Xperia™ miro ST23i supports UMTS HSPA 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I), and GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900.
Xperia™ miro ST23a supports UMTS HSPA 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I), and GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900.
3.5” display, anti-reflection coating on mineral glass.
4 GB (up to 2.2 GB user-accessible memory) internal phone storage.
512 MB RAM.
Memory card slot: microSD™, up to 32GB
1500 maH battery.
113 x 59.4 x 9.9 mm.
- 5 MP camera resolution.
- 4x digital zoom.
- LED photo flash.
- VGA video recording.
- Front facing VGA camera.
- Proximity sensor.
- DLNA Certified®.
- xLOUD sound experience.
- Launching on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- PlayNow™ service*.
- TrackID™ music recognition*.
- Facebook integration with contacts, gallery and the music player.
- Sony Entertainment Network*.
Sony Mobile unveils Xperia miro and Xperia tipo – stylish, fun and easy to use smartphones
- Xperia miro provides deep Facebook integration and Sony’s xLOUD audio technology in a slim and stylish design
- Xperia tipo comes in both single and dual SIM version for consumers looking for value and functionality
- Both smartphones launch on latest Android™ platform – Ice Cream Sandwich
13 June, London, United Kingdom – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today announced two new Xperia™ smartphones, Xperia miro and Xperia tipo. Xperia miro is a slim and stylish smartphone available in a fun range of colours with deep integration of Facebook™ throughout contacts, photo gallery and the music player, plus Sony’s xLOUD™ audio technology for crisp and loud sound. Xperia tipo is designed to be easy to use enabling consumers to get the most from their smartphones – whether browsing the web, sharing pictures or downloading apps. Xperia tipo will also be available in a dual SIM version – Xperia tipodual – so that consumers can switch between tariffs with just one touch to stay on the most cost effective plan. Both smartphones will launch globally in calendar Q3 2012.
“Xperia miro and Xperia tipo are for consumers looking for entertainment experiences and functionality traditionally associated with high-end Android smartphones”, said Calum MacDougall, Director Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications.” “Xperia miro is for those who want an integrated social media and a great music experience while Xperia tipo is for consumers who want to realise the benefits of a smartphone for the first time as they migrate from a feature phone.”
Xperia miro – the fun social smartphone from Sony
Xperia miro is a slim, stylish smartphone with Facebook social experiences integrated throughout. Users are alerted to new incoming messages and social updates with colourful illuminations, and can easily video chat with friends using the front facing camera. To provide great music entertainment it integrates Sony’s xLOUD audio technology, giving crisp and loud sound. Xperia miro comes pre-installed with Music Unlimited* from Sony Entertainment Network, providing instant access to millions** of music tracks on the move.
Key features for Xperia miro
- 3.5” display for great browsing and entertainment experiences
- Launching on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 5MP camera and brilliant quality video recording at 30fps
- Sony’s xLOUD audio technology gives crisp and loud sound
- Deep Facebook integration with contacts, gallery and the music player for sharing and discovery
- Customisable illuminations for incoming messages and social updates
- Front-facing camera for video chat between smartphones, tablets and PCs
- Contactless DLNA connectivity to easily view content like photos and videos on a TV, tablet and PC
- Powerful battery with >24hrs usage time
- Available in black, black/pink, white and white/gold colours
Xperia tipo – the affordable and easy to use smartphone
Xperia tipo offers a simple and easy to use smartphone experience targeting consumers who may be purchasing their first smartphone. With a dedicated set-up guide, a built-in application enabling users to monitor their data usage, excellent battery life and the latest Android platform – Ice Cream Sandwich – consumers can make the most of their smartphone experience.
Key features for Xperia tipo
- 3.2” scratch-resistant mineral glass display
- Launching on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 3.2MP camera
- Dedicated set-up guide
- Data management solution to identify data usage
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi™ for easy content sharing and web access
- Powerful battery, 1500 maH, with >24hrs usage time
- Available in red, white, blue and black