Sony Mobile has officially launched two new low-entry phones today, the Xperia tipo and Xperia tipo (dual-SIM). With a built-in application enabling users to monitor their data usage, excellent battery life and the latest Android platform – Ice Cream Sandwich – consumers can make the most of their smartphone experience. Those that are looking for a two sim cards phone, Xperia tipo dual will probably be your choice.
Xperia tipo will launch globally during third quarter 2012 and it will be available in four colours: red, white, black and blue.
Xperia tipo hardware specs:
- 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7225A processor.
- Xperia™ tipo ST21i and ST21i2 supports UMTS HSPA 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I), and GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900.
- Xperia™ tipo ST21a and ST21a2 supports UMTS HSPA 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I), and GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900.
- 3.2” display, shatter proof sheet on acrylic glass.
- 320×480 pixels.
- 2.9 GB* (up to 2.5 GB user-accessible memory) internal phone storage.
- 512 MB RAM.
- Memory card slot: microSD™, up to 32GB
- Dual SIM (Xperia™ tipo dual).
- 1500 maH battery.
- 103x 57×13 mm.
- 99.4 grams.
- 3.2 MP camera resolution.
- 4x digital zoom.
- VGA video recording.
- Proximity sensor.
- xLOUD sound experience.
- Launching on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- PlayNow™ service*.
- TrackID™ music recognition*.
- Facebook integration with contacts, gallery and the music player.
- Sony Entertainment Network*.
Sony Mobile unveils Xperia miro and Xperia tipo – stylish, fun and easy to use smartphones
- Xperia miro provides deep Facebook integration and Sony’s xLOUD audio technology in a slim and stylish design
- Xperia tipo comes in both single and dual SIM version for consumers looking for value and functionality
- Both smartphones launch on latest Android™ platform – Ice Cream Sandwich
13 June, London, United Kingdom – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today announced two new Xperia™ smartphones, Xperia miro and Xperia tipo. Xperia miro is a slim and stylish smartphone available in a fun range of colours with deep integration of Facebook™ throughout contacts, photo gallery and the music player, plus Sony’s xLOUD™ audio technology for crisp and loud sound. Xperia tipo is designed to be easy to use enabling consumers to get the most from their smartphones – whether browsing the web, sharing pictures or downloading apps. Xperia tipo will also be available in a dual SIM version – Xperia tipodual – so that consumers can switch between tariffs with just one touch to stay on the most cost effective plan. Both smartphones will launch globally in calendar Q3 2012.
“Xperia miro and Xperia tipo are for consumers looking for entertainment experiences and functionality traditionally asso