Sony Mobile has officially launched two new low-entry phones today, the Xperia tipo and Xperia tipo (dual-SIM). With a built-in application enabling users to monitor their data usage, excellent battery life and the latest Android platform – Ice Cream Sandwich – consumers can make the most of their smartphone experience. Those that are looking for a two sim cards phone, Xperia tipo dual will probably be your choice.
Xperia tipo will launch globally during third quarter 2012 and it will be available in four colours: red, white, black and blue.
Xperia tipo hardware specs:
- 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7225A processor.
- Xperia™ tipo ST21i and ST21i2 supports UMTS HSPA 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I), and GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900.
- Xperia™ tipo ST21a and ST21a2 supports UMTS HSPA 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I), and GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900.
- 3.2” display, shatter proof sheet on acrylic glass.
- 320×480 pixels.
- 2.9 GB* (up to 2.5 GB user-accessible memory) internal phone storage.
- 512 MB RAM.
- Memory card slot: microSD™, up to 32GB
- Dual SIM (Xperia™ tipo dual).
- 1500 maH battery.
- 103x 57×13 mm.
- 99.4 grams.
- 3.2 MP camera resolution.
- 4x digital zoom.
- VGA video recording.
- Proximity sensor.
- xLOUD sound experience.
- Launching on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- PlayNow™ service*.
- TrackID™ music recognition*.
- Facebook integration with contacts, gallery and the music player.
- Sony Entertainment Network*.
Sony Mobile unveils Xperia miro and Xperia tipo – stylish, fun and easy to use smartphones
- Xperia miro provides deep Facebook integration and Sony’s xLOUD audio technology in a slim and stylish design
- Xperia tipo comes in both single and dual SIM version for consumers looking for value and functionality
- Both smartphones launch on latest Android™ platform – Ice Cream Sandwich
13 June, London, United Kingdom – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today announced two new Xperia™ smartphones, Xperia miro and Xperia tipo. Xperia miro is a slim and stylish smartphone available in a fun range of colours with deep integration of Facebook™ throughout contacts, photo gallery and the music player, plus Sony’s xLOUD™ audio technology for crisp and loud sound. Xperia tipo is designed to be easy to use enabling consumers to get the most from their smartphones – whether browsing the web, sharing pictures or downloading apps. Xperia tipo will also be available in a dual SIM version – Xperia tipodual – so that consumers can switch between tariffs with just one touch to stay on the most cost effective plan. Both smartphones will launch globally in calendar Q3 2012.
“Xperia miro and Xperia tipo are for consumers looking for entertainment experiences and functionality traditionally associated with high-end Android smartphones”, said Calum MacDougall, Director Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications.” “Xperia miro is for those who want an integrated social media and a great music experience while Xperia tipo is for consumers who want to realise the benefits of a smartphone for the first time as they migrate from a feature phone.”
Xperia miro – the fun social smartphone from Sony
Xperia miro is a slim, stylish smartphone with Facebook social experiences integrated throughout. Users are alerted to new incoming messages and social updates with colourful illuminations, and can easily video chat with friends using the front facing camera. To provide great music entertainment it integrates Sony’s xLOUD audio technology, giving crisp and loud sound. Xperia miro comes pre-installed with Music Unlimited* from Sony Entertainment Network, providing instant access to millions** of music tracks on the move.
Key features for Xperia miro
- 3.5” display for great browsing and entertainment experiences
- Launching on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 5MP camera and brilliant quality video recording at 30fps
- Sony’s xLOUD audio technology gives crisp and loud sound
- Deep Facebook integration with contacts, gallery and the music player for sharing and discovery
- Customisable illuminations for incoming messages and social updates
- Front-facing camera for video chat between smartphones, table