LG Mobile introduces the latest user interface – Optimus UI v3.0 which will be available along with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware upgrade for all LG handsets scheduled to receive it in the following months as well as on the newly announced and upcoming devices.
LG’s Optimus UI 3.0 brings with it an array of enhanced key features, including Quick Memo and unique unlock functions, among other new features and functions aimed at improving LG smartphone experience.
Designed with convenience and speed in mind Optimus UI adds a powerful memo function called Quick Memo which enables users to jot notes on the screen using a finger. Quick Memo allows users to share their thoughts through social networks, text messages and e-mails more conveniently than ever before.
Optimus UI 3.0 other new features include:
– the ability to unlock the phone by dragging anywhere on the screen.
– a new Pattern Lock that allows users to preset the most frequently used function, such as the camera, which automatically opens once the phone is unlocked.
– a simpler version of Optimus UI 3.0 for new smartphone users which organizes the main applications so that they are the easiest to access.
– a new Voice Shutter that allows users to capture photos using only voice commands.
– a special camera feature that enables users to pick up the best shot among multiple images including the moment just before the shutter button is depressed.
– an Icon Customizer that provides an additional level of personalization by allowing users to set their own photos as icons and shortcut images.
– the addition of a Download category to the menu for easier organization.
LG Optimus LTE II launching this week in Korea, is the first smartphone to debut with the new Optimus UI 3.0 followed by LG Optimus 4X HD in June.