Customer pre-orders for HTC EVO 4G LTE begun a couple of days ago on May 7th, while today Sprint officially announces HTC EVO 4G LTE to make its debut on May 18 for $200 with a two-year contract signing.
HTC EVO 4G LTE is a premium (flagship) smartphone that features a large 4.7-inch HD display, runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS and it is powered by Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 CPU. The phone is NFC enabled featuring Google Wallet app which enables the phone to be used like a wallet to make safe, secure purchases at hundreds of thousands of participating retailers, 8MP rear-facing camera,1.3MP in front, HD voice capabilities and a 2,000 mAh battery capacity.
HTC Evo 4G LTE features:
- Vibrant 4.7-inch HD display
- HD voice capabilities
- 2000mAh embedded battery
- 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm™ Snapdragon S4 processor
- Dual-cameras (8-megapixel rear-facing and 1.3-megapixel front-facing) with instant capture capability
- Beats Audio™ enables customers to hear music the way the artist intended with unique audio tuning that delivers thundering bass, soaring midrange and crisp highs
- Near Field Communication (NFC) technology allows the device to read information from everyday objects, such as stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips
- Google Wallet™ enables the phone to be used like a wallet to make safe, secure purchases at hundreds of thousands of participating retailers using NFC
Sprint Debuts HTC EVO 4G LTE on May 18 for $199.99
HTC EVO 4G LTE is now available for pre-order at www.sprint.com/evo4glte
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), May 09, 2012 – Sprint (NYSE: S), the only national wireless carrier offering truly unlimited data for all phones while on the Sprint network1, and HTC, a global designer of smartphones, announce the Friday, May 18, availability of the next evolution of the award-winning HTC EVO™ family, HTC EVO™ 4G LTE.
It will cost $199.99 with a new line of service or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement (excludes taxes). Pre-order began May 7 at www.sprint.com/evo4glte.
“HTC EVO 4G LTE sets the benchmark for Android devices this year with its incredible 4.7-inch screen, advanced camera features and future HD voice capabilities when combined with the speed of Sprint’s upcoming 4G LTE network,” said Fared Adib, vice president-Product Development, Sprint. “Its cutting-edge technology pairs perfectly with Sprint’s unlimited data plans to let our customers enjoy their wireless experience without worrying about overage charges or throttling.”
HTC EVO 4G LTE is built on Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, integrated with HTC Sense™ 4. It focuses on exceptional improvements in camera technology, audio and voice quality on both the network and device.
HTC ImageSense™ brings improvements to every part of the amazing camera experience featuring a superfast autofocus to enable continuous shooting, the ability to capture still images while taking video, and increasing the quality of photos taken in adverse conditions such as low light, no light or with bright backlighting.
HTC EVO 4G LTE is Sprint’s first device with HTC’s Authentic Sound experience integrating Beats Audio™. The technology enables customers to hear music the way the artist intended with unique audio tuning that delivers thundering bass, soaring midrange and crisp highs. Beats Audio is enabled across the entire phone experience, including playing music stored on the device, streaming from a favorite service, watching a movie or YouTube™ video, or playing the latest hot game.
HTC EVO 4G LTE boasts brilliant features, including a vibrant 4.7-inch HD display, future HD voice capabilities2, 2000mAh embedded battery and 8-megapixel rear-facing and 1.3-megapixel front-facing cameras. It is powered by the Snapdragon™ S4 processor by Qualcomm, delivering best-in-class performance and a power efficient platform for exceptionally long battery life. HTC EVO 4G LTE brings back the fan-favorite kickstand built into the smartphone’s refined, slim design.
“With the HTC EVO 4G LTE, we’re launching a true successor the original EVO, bringing a focus on innovation, design and industry-leading consumer experiences,” said Martin Fichter, vice president, product management, HTC America. “The millions of current and new EVO fans will appreciate our amazing camera that’s superfast, easy-to-use and takes video and photos at the same time as well as our enhanced audio experience that you need to hear to believe.”
Respected device critics are buzzing with excitement for HTC EVO 4G LTE. Here are a few of the praises that poured in when it was announced earlier this month:
- “The HTC EVO 4G LTE is a good looking phone and will make fans of Sprint’s EVO line very, very happy. It packs every spec anyone could possibly ask for: dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 8-megapixel camera, 4.7-inch HD display, and the latest Android 4.0 operating system, enhanced by Sense 4.0. Oh, let’s not forget the kickstand!” – Eric Zeman, Phonescoop
- “The original superphone has been reborn.” – Mark Spoonauer, Laptop Magazine
- “As for first impressions, I was shocked when I finally got to hold an EVO 4G LTE. In the presentation videos the phone looked thick and bulky. In person, it’s anything but. It is thin, deceptively lightweight and absolutely beautiful.” – Gary Krakow, TheStreet.com
- “Yesterday Sprint and HTC made a joint announcement, unveiling the brand new EVO 4G LTE. It’s an impressive device. Thin, light, fast, powerful, the whole package.” – Steve Kovach, Business Insider
HTC EVO 4G LTE customers can enjoy an unlimited data experience with Sprint Everything Data plans. Sprint’s Everything Data plan with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM includes unlimited Web, texting and calling to and from any mobile in America while on the Sprint Network, starting at just $79.99 per month for smartphones – a savings of $40 per month versus Verizon’s comparable plan with unlimited talk, text and 2GB Web, or $10 per month savings versus Verizon’s 450-minute plan with unlimited text and 2GB Web (excludes taxes and surcharges).
HTC EVO 4G LTE is one of the first devices available with Sprint Professional Grade, a new designation for select smartphones that deliver enhanced security, device management and Exchange Active Sync capabilities to business users. Click here to learn more about Sprint Professional Grade designation.
As part of the HTC EVO 4G LTE launch, Sprint will be giving customers a chance to share their LOVE on Facebook. To learn how you could enter for the chance to win UNLIMITED LOVE, make sure to visit Sprint’sFacebook page on May 18 for details.
Sprint recently announced Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio are expected to have 4G LTE and enhanced 3G service in mid-year. The anticipated launch of these large metropolitan areas demonstrates the continued commitment by Sprint to invest in its network through Network Vision. Sprint customers in these areas will soon enjoy ultra-fast data speeds and improved 3G voice quality. For the most up-to-date details on Sprint’s 4G LTE rollout, please visit www.sprint.com/4GLTE.