Ever since its release, the Sprint Galaxy Nexus has had issues with data connectivity and Sprint have found a fix that will solve this connectivity issue and restore normal service to the device. The fix is available at any Sprint retail store. Sprint also have it OTA but recommend that you download this update via WiFi (Yeah, LOL!). Sprint retail stores will have the “the software available to update devices” starting the week of May 17.
Update features include:
Galaxy Nexus Software Update – IMM76D.L700FD02
– Device not connecting to data services after activation
– Device not displaying correct network time after activation
– Google Wallet Update
– Software version is FD02
– This update will be pushed to all devices within a 1-2 day period.
– This update will be available under the following conditions:
– Devices experiencing a problem accessing data services, will need to be connected to a
WiFi network to receive the udpate. Once connected to a WiFi network, the software will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it.
– Devices not experiencing the problem accessing data services will also receive the update. The software will automatically download in the background and then prompt you to install it. There is no need to be connected to WiFi to receive the udpate.
-Starting the week of 5/17, Sprint Retail Stores will have the software available to update devices
– Refer to the Galaxy Nexus Software Update blog for further install instructions.