Samsung Infuse 4G is one of our most read article in 2012 and if you are wondering why it’s because AT&T and Samsung keep postponing the very long awaited software update for so many times while customers are desperately looking for a way to upgrade their phones.
Great news friends (finally!) a new firmware upgrade is apparently available since Thursday, April 5th (after two months of repeatedly cancellation due to several bugs found within the update). The new build UCBL3 upgrades Samsung Infuse 4G to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread operating system.
To get the new firmware download Samsung Kies Mini software application for PC/laptop install it make sure you update it to the latest version, charge your device with a minimum of %60 battery before starting the update procedure (click the source link at the bottom for step by step instructions on how to go through with the upgrade).
Release Notes (change log):
- Update to Gingerbread 2.3.6
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed*.