Google updates the Gmail application for Android fixing several bugs, brings a lot of enhancements for a better and faster performance and much more. The latest update offers Android 3.2 users a taste of the Android Gmail 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), swipe option added to move between new and old conversation, brings sync for last 30 days of messages for an easy search for both online and offline, while Froyo and Gingerbread users get new Labels API for 3rd party developers and performance improvements.
What’s in this version:
- Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) users get the Android Gmail 4.0 (ICS) experience with:
- Swipe to move between newer and older conversations
- Tap your account to access Recent labels
- Set custom notifications for individual labels
- Sync last 30 days of messages so you can read and search messages faster both online and offline.
- Android 2.2 (Froyo) and 2.3 (Gingerbread) users get:
- New Labels API for 3rd-party app developers
- Performance improvements
Get the update via Google Play Store (web link) or directly through the Play store native app.