Motorola is pushing out a new software update for its Motorola XOOM 2 Media Edition (WiFi model). The new firmware build 0.268.4 provides new features plus additional improvements and fixes.
This firmware upgrade is only available for Motorola XOOM 2 with Wi-Fi users in France and the United Kingdom. Once updated it will bring your tablet to Android 3.2.2 Honeycomb with the following features:
- GMS version R6 – Updates to installed Google™ applications to enhance user experience and software stability
- Device Stability – Stability improvements for multimedia, Bluetooth® and MotoCast
- 3rd Party Apps and Keyboards – Several 3rd party apps and keyboards are now preloaded and existing ones updated
- Improvements to localization – General corrections European languages
- Wi-Fi performance and Stability – General improvements to Wi-Fi connectivity
- Battery Charging – Ability to charge device without turning the device on, to speed up charging
Instructions for Installing Software
For a successful installation, we recommend installing these updates while the battery in your tablet is at least 50% charged and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If you have received a notification message for this update:
- Select “Download”
- After the software is downloaded, select “Install now”
- After the software is installed, your tablet will re-start automatically
- Your tablet is now updated with 0.268.4 software