If you are looking for an affordable smartphone which will be soon eligible for an upgrade to the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, Verizon Wireless is launching on March 29th the LG Lucid 4G.
LG Lucid 4G is a LTE device powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor with 1GB of RAM and a 5 megapixels main camera to capture your everyday life moments with Video Producer app included which gives you advantage to create and edit HD videos.
The phone will be available starting March 29 in all Verizon Wireless Communications stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement (customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted).
Read the full presser below for more details.
STEP UP TO THE VERIZON WIRELESS 4G LTE NETWORK WITH LUCID™ BY LG
Affordability and Simplicity Combine for an Ideal Mobile Experience
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile today announced Lucid™ by LG, exclusively for Verizon Wireless, will be available starting March 29 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com.
Lucid by LG is designed to create an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use experience for first-time smartphone users. The slim and compact design features a stunning 4-inch touchscreen display protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass that gives customers superb brightness, enhanced clarity and readability, even while outdoors. Powered by America’s fastest 4G network, Lucid by LG customers have access to 4G LTE coverage in over 200 markets covering more than 200 million people.
Lucid by LG is packed with features to make the smartphone experience easy, while also increasing productivity. Customers can use the lock screen shortcuts to instantly access the phone, messaging, voicemail and camera application from the lock screen. Customers also no longer have to stop what they’re doing to reply to texts by using the Quick Reply feature, as text message notifications pop up on the screen and allow customers to reply directly from the Quick Reply notification. The Quick Dialer widget lets customers make calls directly from a home screen panel without having to open the phone application. Additionally, Lucid by LG has Guided Tours right on the device, which provides step-by-step tutorials for customers who want to learn more about their new phone.
Business professionals can take advantage of the Polaris Office app on Lucid by LG which allows customers to easily open, create and edit Microsoft® Office documents, including Word, PowerPoint® and Excel®. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network takes Lucid by LG to the next level, loading websites 10 times faster than 3G, making it that much easier for a professional to stay up to speed on recent news and keep in touch with colleagues. The mobile hotspot feature lets professionals connect to up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, making it easy for teams to work from a remote location.
· Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread, upgradable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
· 5-megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera with flash and full HD (1080p) video capture
· Front facing camera for video chatting with friends and family
· Video Producer – create and edit HD videos right on Lucid by LG
· 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB of RAM for fast Web browsing and multitasking
· Virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype® technology
· SmartShare – share media with friends and colleagues wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
Pricing and availability:
· Lucid by LG will be available starting March 29 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.