So guys this is my first post in Apps section and for this first post Ii would be reviewing one of my all time favorites : AirDroid . It’s a basic connectivity app in which you can connect your mobile phone with any computer within the same Wifi network (yes its wire free).
The basic functionality of this app is to open up the filesystem of your mobile phone and allow the user to control it with the connected remote device which resides on the same network.Not only the file system, you can do a whole bunch of things with it including
- Composing and sending SMS, showing current memory information.
- Install, uninstall, backup, search apps and do batch processing.
- Preview, delete, import, export, set as wallpaper and photos slide show from desktop.
- Share clipboard text (the text which you copy )between desktop and device.
- Group, search, create contacts, check and delete call logs.
- Search, preview, import, export, delete and customize ringtones for phone calls, notifications and alarms and much more.
Performance wise this app is the fastest among all , does not need java and is very appropriately built. T he user interface is best I have seen till date and has a very decent color theme which is soothing to eyes. There is a small issue of transfer speed as users have come across other applications like Wifi Transfer Pro providing greater speed with the same transfer medium but then they are paid apps. If you require frequent data transfers from your mobile to your PC then this app is hard to uninstall.
The App is available free to download on Google Play Store (Android Market)