Vodafone Australia is pushing out a software update to Sony Xperia Arc customers which brings Android 2.3.4 and along with it a list of various bug-fixes, optimizations and all the latest Google security updates.
The update pushes over the air (FOTA), make sure to keep your phone at least 60-70% charged do it over a stable Wi-Fi connection or over 3G connection if you’re adventurous enough (apparently you won’t be charged).
Here you can find a few things you need to know before proceding to the actual software update:
Things to do before you upgrade your software
- Ensure your device is fully charged before attempting to upgrade.
- Remember to back up your device via Sony’s PC Companion Suite prior to the performing the upgrade
How do I install the update?
The update is available both via Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) or through Sony’s PC Companion Suite.
- The update is available free of charge, however it will require an internet connection on your PC to download and install the new update.
- If you choose to download the update over 3G using FOTA, you will not be charged data access fees for the download.
- Due to the size of the update, we recommend using WiFi to download and install via FOTA.
- Do not disconnect your phone from your computer during the update process
source Vodafone Blog via AusDroid