Onavo is more than just a cool name for an Android application; it can also save you money because it monitors data usage.
Onavo is an app that counts your data usage on your Android smartphone to help avoid costly overage fees. It also has a feature to automatically switch off your data when you reach the limit, which you can set from the app itself.
In addition you could keep tabs on data hungry apps that gulp down your data in the background. So for those who hate crossing your monthly data limit and getting “throttled” as a result, this is the app for you.
- Alerts and warnings: Receive status notifications about apps that are hogging your data, when approaching your data cap, or when traveling (data roaming)
- Widgets: A selection of three widgets to keep you updated on data usage, including a world first Live Data Usage widget, showing which apps are using data right now.
- Data hog blocking: Restrict specific apps to Wi-Fi, or block your 3G data altogether once you exceed your data cap to avoid any additional costs
- Crowdsourcing: Join the Onavo Android community to tap into the collective wisdom of Android users everywhere. This will help you keep your mobile data in check, letting you know whether an app is safe to use as soon as you download it.
- Tracking: Use a data plan watchdog that provides early alerts when usage reaches predefined limits, and can also track and predict if you will hit your data cap.
- Advice: Get tailored tips on best value data plans from your carrier or other carriers, based on your actual usage
- Simple setup: Get going in seconds: Set your monthly cap, billing cycle and cost – and you’re good to go!
- Data Plan Usage: visualize your monthly data-plan over time with a live progress bar
- App Watch: quickly browse through all your data-using apps
- Live Usage: See which apps are using your data *right now*
Download Onavo free available on Google Play Store (Android market)