Sprint announces an entry-level Android smartphone – ZTE Fury. A phone that comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and 1GHz single-core processor.
Additionally Fury features a 3.5-inch capacitive touchscreen display, has 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory storage (ROM),WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth and a main rear-facing camera of 5-megapixel.
ZTE Fury will be available this Sunday, March 11 at Sprint for $19.99 on a two-year contract signing agreement. Check the press release below for more details.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. & RICHARDSON, Texas (BUSINESS WIRE), March 09, 2012 – Recognizing the importance of providing a wide variety of devices to fit the needs of families with children, Sprint (NYSE: S), and ZTE Corporation (“ZTE”) today announced the upcoming availability of ZTE FuryTM, a family-friendly Android-powered device that doesn’t skimp on features and comes matched with the only truly unlimited data pricing plans on all phones from a national wireless carrier. Beginning March 11, the full-featured Android-based ZTE Fury will be available for just $19.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card1 and a new two-year service agreement (excludes taxes and surcharges) in all Sprint retail channels includingwww.sprint.com and 1-800-Sprint1.
The value-priced ZTE Fury comes equipped with all the apps and functionality busy parents and their children want, including a 3.5-inch capacitive display, 5 MP camera with LED flash and 3G hotspot capabilities. The device is also compatible with Sprint’s family services that give parents the tools to encourage good habits and responsible phone use. Family-ready devices like ZTE Fury give parents piece of mind with easy-to-load apps, such as:
- Sprint Family Locator: Allows parents to quickly and easily locate their family members on an interactive map and to set up “safety checks” to ensure their children make it to school safely and on time. Sprint Family Locator costs $5 per month to locate up to four phones. Additional information can be found at www.sprint.com/familylocator.
- Sprint Mobile Controls: Gives parents the opportunity to clearly understand their child’s talk, text and app use habits. The app gives parents the ability to lock their child’s phone on-demand or to schedule locks – like during dinner, during school or late at night, and to browse their child’s contacts and apps downloaded to the phone. Sprint Mobile Controls is available on all Sprint CDMA Android-powered smartphones for $4.99 per month, per line. Parents can sign up and learn more about Sprint Mobile Controls by visiting www.sprint.com/mobilecontrols.
- Sprint Drive First: An app from Sprint that automatically locks the phone when traveling more than 10 MPH and unlocks when the car has stopped driving. The app directs incoming calls to voicemail and silences distracting alerts while driving. Sprint Drive First is available on all Sprint CDMA Android-powered smartphones for $2 per month, per line. Visit www.sprint.com/drivefirst for more information.
“We realize that there are a lot of choices in the market when it comes to choosing the right cell phone that fits the needs of both a working parent and their family,” said David Owens, Sprint vice president-Product Development. “Providing affordable, Android-powered devices, like ZTE Fury, in our lineup helps give families the tools and information to better manage their wireless usage while still providing the style and functionality they need to keep up with their busy lives.”
ZTE Fury also comes preloaded with Sprint ID, a unique feature that enables customers to have a fully personalized experience with a few simple clicks. Customers can download and switch among five self-selected ID packs filled with ringtones, wallpapers, widgets and applications that are tailored to an individual’s lifestyle and interests.
Additional features of ZTE Fury include:
- 3G hotspot functionality2 that allows up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share one network connection, an ideal solution for gatherings and travel
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8655 processor
- 4GB internal memory and an expandable memory slot supporting up to 32GB
- Using Sprint’s nationwide 3G network, customers can stay connected with their friends, family, business and community through more than 400,000 applications available in the Android Market™.
“ZTE Fury continues ZTE’s legacy of offering a large customer base an entry point to highly sought-after mobile data services. In particular, we know the youth market desires the latest technology but has special requirements for cost and functionality,” said Lixin Cheng, CEO, ZTE USA, and