As promised Archos is starting to roll out an over the air software upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for all G9 tablets to owners worldwide.
“Starting today, the over-the-air (OTA) upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich will begin rolling out to G9 owner’s worldwide.”
The new firmware upgrade brings Android 4.0.4 ICS OS to all G9 slates. It is pushing out in stages to ARCHOS 80 G9 Classic and Turbo models (flash and HDD storage) and the ARCHOS 101 G9 Classic and Turbo models (flash and HDD storage).
Change log Version 4.0.4 – March 8th, 2012:
- Initial Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 firmware release
- MediaCenter Video: support for MKV3D on TV with automatic switch to best 3D mode
- MediaCenter Video: allow to disable system notifications in video player
- MediaCenter Video: collection of VOB files from DVD are now gathered into a single movie item
- MediaCenter Music: integrate Music control panel in Lock Screen
- MediaCenter info dialog: allow to edit the name used for performing the Movie and TVShow online search
- File Manager: display a notification when file copy continues in background
- File Manager: improved drag and drop support
- File Manager: new option to prevent indexing of some storage/sdcard folders by multimedia library
- Applications: more robust video conferencing support (Google talk, Skype etc.)
- USB file transfer: a samba server is now activated on the tablet when using USB network tethering for easier file transfer on non Windows based hosts
- Archos widgets: new USB network tether widget
- External Keyboard: french layout has been expanded to handle AtlGr keys for special symbols
- Accessories: Xbox gamepad support
For more details about Ice Cream Sandwich update you can find it here. Download links are also available here if the OTA doesn’t work for you.