Motorola Droid 2 Global OTA (over the air) update reportedly rolling out from Verizon Wireless to owners of such devices and it is not Ice Cream Sandwich but a minor update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.
The new version 4.5.629 is a maintenance software update which fixes some issues like automatic power-on’s, camera saved settings resets to default after reboot now fixed and out of memory issue fixed as well.
To manually check for the new update tap into Menu > Settings and check from there if it is available for your device. More details on Droid 2 Global update can be found on Verizon support page here.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- A Google Security Patch has been added to improve security level.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
Email, Messaging & Data
- improved ability to access and receive Gmail messages when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
Applications & Widgets
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved and used where appropri