A new update is now available on the Android market for the official Twitter application which upgrades the app to version 3.1.1 fixing several bugs.
The full changes log is available as well check it below whats new with Twitter for Android v3.1.1 maintenance update:
Known Issues/Bugs with Twitter for Android 3.1.1:
- Trouble receiving notifications for new Tweets, mentions, or messages. For help with this issue, please see this article.
- URLs containing .me are not recognized. This is a bug in the Android OS. For assistance, contact Android Support.
- App crashes on Downloading.
- Account information is not being retained/Users must sign in to the app each time it opens. If you are having trouble staying logged in, please check to make sure you’re not running the app on SD, as this is not compatible with Google’s SD guidelines.
- Contact sync is currently unavailable. Once the issue is fixed, the app will update itself automatically. Please follow @mobilesupport for updates.
Fixed Issues/Bugs with Twitter for Android 3.1.1:
- Search results not loading Tweets
- App crashes for some users after upgrading to 3.1.0
- Improved performance on Tweet composer
- Some users not receiving push notifications. If you are still not receiving push notifications, please see this article.