Like all ruggedized Rugby players, Samsung Rugby Smart is pretty solid as well. It’s shell case allows you to drop it on the floor and not worry about damages, it is dust proofed, you can even submerge yourself along with it up to one meter of water for half an hour (that if you can hold your breath that long).
Rugby Smart is powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, has a 3.7-inch Super AMOLED display and is capable of 4G speeds. The phone will become available on March 4th online at www.att.com or in any local stores for $99 on a two-year contract agreement.
“The Samsung Rugby Smart is perfect for active customers who need another level of durability with their smartphone,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Devices, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “It is water and dustproof and has all the features of a leading smartphone.”
“We continue to bring the highest quality devices – the Rugby Smart is the ultimate smartphone to withstand extreme conditions,” said Dale Sohn, president of Samsung Mobile. “AT&T customers are now able to stay connected with a durable smartphone while experiencing even the roughest environment.”
- Technology: GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- Display: 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display
- External Memory: Supports up to 32GB via microSD™
- Internal Memory: 4GB
- Dimensions: 122.4mm x 65.9mm x 12.19mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz
- Camera: 5MP rear facing with flash and auto focus with HD 720p video capture; 1.3 MP front facing camera;
- Battery: 1650 mAh LiIon Poly
- Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 16 days