Adam tablet owners will be happy to hear that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Alpha build released a while ago by Notion Ink is now in beta stages ready for daily usage.
Developers are under heavy hammering to fix whats left to fix from this beta build like the Camera which is a constant problem for any Android device, microphone isn’t working, USB flash drives, and the annoying process system error at boot.
Follow these steps to upgrade your Adam tablet to the latest Beta version:
- LINK 1 : Update Recovery ZIPPED
- LINK 2: Adam Beta ICS ZIPPED
- Download above 2 files.
- Rename update_Recovery.zip to update.zip.
- Copy update.zip and adam_BetaICS.zip to the external sdcard
- Start the device in recovery mode (Volume Up Key + Power Down on Eden OS/AlphaICS, check for beast ROM)
- Select “Apply External SDcard update.zip” (Use Volume Up down keys for navigation, second capacitive button for selection) You are installing recovery image right now.
- Once Complete, reboot to recovery mode again (Volume Up Key + Power Down on Eden OS/AlphaICS, check for beast ROM)
- Wipe the data and select the option – “install zip from SD card”
- Select second option “choose zip from SD Card”
- Select adam_BetaICS.zip. Install.
- Wipe the data and cache
- Reboot the device
For more details and a full list to whats working on the new build and whats still left to fix check our source links below.