With the soak tests underway Verizon Wireless updated the PDF file regarding the next software upgrade for the Droid Bionic on their support page.
Droid Bionic is almost ready for a new software rollout and here’s the change log to let you know what to expect from the upcoming upgrade.Unfortunately its not an upgrade to Android 4.0 ICS OS its just a maintenance update.
- Added support for National Plus Code Dialing.
- Added support for Bluetooth® Personal Area Networks (PAN).
- Receive text message alerts while on voice calls without voice call interruption.
- Improved audio while streaming video to a TV using the HDMI connection.
- Improved Bluetooth audio when paired and connected to the device.
- Improvements in device stability prevent the following:
- Black screen lockups
- Camera multi-shot lockups
- Idle resets
- Multimedia dock lockups
- Device is now capable of providing Verizon Emergency Alerts.
- Improvements in battery life.
- Data connectivity and stability improvements.
- Improvements in Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot download performance.
- YouTube videos will resume play from their previous location after
- pausing to access the Notification Panel.
- Composing a Visual Voice Mail message no longer mutes the voice call.
- Messages saved with Visual Voice Mail will store to the SD card target shown
- on the user interface.
- Visual Voice Mail improvements for message storage and deletion.
- Play WAV audio files.
- The following apps are now preloaded:
- Amazon MP3
- VCAST Apps Store