French handset maker announce a new software update (and no its not ICS just yet) for all Archos G9 Android tablets.
New Archos G9 firmware upgrade brings Android 3.2.8 Honeycomb build to both (8 and 10.1 inch) tablets and Archos 70b along with a list of improvements like the audio/video synchronization on HDMI, improved playback on some FLV files, through the File manager you’re now able to copy files larger than 4GB, a better Arabic virtual layout on the keyboard and more that you can find out in the change log below.
Archos G9 software update version 3.2.80 change log:
- Video: improve audio/video synchronization on HDMI
- Video: improve playback of some FLV files
- File manager: add ability to copy files larger than 4GB
- Keyboard: better Arabic virtual keyboard layout
- Internationalization: translations improvements for Arabic and Hebrew
- Flash on A70B: fix flash video not displayed on some web sites
- Video on A70B: improve 720p playback support on LCD and TV out
- Hard drive based products: avoid suspend/resume issues happening sometimes
Download Archos 80/101 G9 OS v 3.2.80 (180MB)
WARNING: This Firmware is ONLY compatible with the ARCHOS 70b internet tablet running Honeycomb (3.2). It is NOT COMPATIBLE with the Froyo (2.2) versions of the ARCHOS 70b internet tablet). Be careful or you might end up bricking your tablet.
More details about these updates can be found on Archos official website here.