All Rogers customers with an LG Optimus 3D will be very pleased to hear this news although it’s not Android 4.0 ICS OS, the very long-awaited 2.3 Gingerbread software upgrade is coming on February 1st.
The new firmware will be available via LG’s support website and will upgrade all devices to Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. Rogers also says that all new customers who buys a Optimus 3D will get the device with the same version right out of the box.
There is no word on when the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will be ready speculations leaves us to think that there will be no upgrade available before the end of the 2nd quarter.
LG Optimus 3D Android 2.3.5 update change log:
Enhanced HSPA+ Network Speed
- Faster data speeds from 14 Mbs to 21 Mbs
Enriched 3D Experience
- Improved video playback in 2D and 3D
- 3D Video Editor with the ability to create new projects (Video timeline, Adding video clips, images and sound and Cropping and trimming length)
- 2D to 3D conversion for videos and images
- 3D to 2D conversion supports both images and videos
- Easy to convert Open-GL games from 2D to 3D—Most apps are built on the Open-GL platform which is an open, standardized language for writing apps.
- Improved video recording quality to 12 Mbs HD
- Improved battery life with low-power modes during music playback
- Video stabilization support for both 2D and 3D
- Upgraded sound quality with Dolby Mobile Effect when a user has the ear jack/BT Headset (Stereo)
- Improved camera loading and switching time from 2.5 seconds to 1 second
- Improved 3D depth with 720p camera