I was in a bad need of a file manager that can offer similar experience to what Total Commander offers on Windows PC’s, so I’ve started digging on the Android market for one.
I know you’ll all say whats wrong with Root Explorer, but I needed something for my tablet for fast and easy copy/paste/move from internal memory storage to the sdcard and backwards. Anyways after a few minutes of digging I came across X-Plore developed by Lonely Cat Games.
Guess what not only that it is a file manager and its free to download, but you can even zip/unzip archives very easily and extremely fast, has support for LAN, FTP, Root and more. X-plore dual-panel is highly customizable and also has an option to see details on a folder like the size in the folder which Root Explorer can not show me.
X-plore is the perfect file manager for devices with a touchscreen bigger than 4-inch, really great on my 7-inch tablet. More details about this app from developer on the Android market.
- Dual-pane tree view
- Root, FTP, SMB, Sqlite, Picasa explorer
- Seamless work with Zip (as if it was normal folder)
- Favorite folders
- Built-in viewers for images, video, audio, text
- Hex viewer
- Fast Image viewer with zoom and slide to previous/next images in folder
- Thumbnails for images and video as well as for various file types (depending on associated application)
- Ability to clear default application handlers
- Multi-selection – always available, yet not disturbing
- Search files in folders (also in Zip or in search results)
- View APK files as ZIP
- Share – send files by Bluetooth, email, or whatever the device supports, from any location
- Configurable buttons and key shortcuts