Motorola Mobility and Turkcell carrier announces availability of Motorola ATRIX, the dual-core processor brings the power of mobile computing right into your pocket and with the use of Lapdock or HD Multimedia dock plus Mozilla Firefox 4.0 browser with support from Adobe’s Flash player opens up all the rich graphics, animations and video on the web.
Motorola ATRIX will be available starting this month in Turkey via Turkcell channels by 24 months instalments of TRY 56 (about 25 EUR/month), including 250 MB data package.
Innovative Android-powered smartphone puts the power and capabilities of a PC in your pocket
ISTANBUL, Turkey – Jan. 24, 2012 – Motorola Mobility today announced the availability of Motorola ATRIX, the dual core processor smartphone that allows you to carry the power of mobile computing inside your pocket. Combined with Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application*, Motorola ATRIX transforms when placed in the companion Lapdock or HD Multimedia Dock, running a full Mozilla Firefox 4.0 browser and supporting Adobe Flash Player to open up all the rich graphics, animations and video on the web. Motorola ATRIX is expected to be available starting January 2012 in Turkey.
“Smartphones are increasingly being used as the primary digital screen,” said Malgorzata Matusiewicz, head of marketing Central Europe, Mobile Devices, Motorola Mobility. “Motorola ATRIX ushers in a new era of mobile computing by combing the powerful mobile handset with the interactive webtop application* and exclusive docks, to enable consumers to extend the capabilities of their smartphones to a PC-like experience. Together, these provide a revolutionary interactive computing experience that empowers individuals in new ways for staying connected, informed and entertained at home, at work and anywhere in between.”
Companion Docks Unleash the Power of Webtop
Motorola ATRIX is designed to essentially become a user’s primary digital hub to create, edit and interact with documents, media and content. This is facilitated by the latest version of Motorola’s webtop application* and incredible accessory docks that provide users with a larger screen, keyboard and trackpad enabling them to have an enhanced and more interactive computer-like experience with their devices.
While in the webtop application*, users can run their Android™ applications in a larger window, browse their favorite websites with a full Firefox desktop browser, send instant messages, check email, access files and make phone calls – all at the same time. Plus, the Entertainment Center feature lets users show photos, play music and watch videos from HD TVs in their living rooms. Calls even continue uninterrupted if Motorola ATRIX is removed from a dock.
While using the webtop application*, business users with an existing Citrix account will benefit from the integrated Citrix Receiver application that provides secure, high performance access to virtual desktops as well as Windows®, web and office applications hosted on Citrix XenDesktop. In addition to the full suite of office productivity applications and email applications, users can also access a great number of web applications such as Salesforce.com, Google Docs™, and any HTML application or service from the full desktop browser.
The two industry-leading accessories docks include:
- An incredibly thin design weighing approximately 1.1kg, the Lapdock1 provides an 11.6-inch screen, full keyboard, stereo speakers, and a 36Wh three-cell battery that delivers up to eight hours of running time2. Users simply dock their Motorola ATRIX into the back of the Lapdock to experience true mobility at work, home or on the go in a form factor that’s lighter and smaller than most of today’s laptops.
- With three USB ports and an HDMI port, the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock can be used for desktop tasks by attaching an HDMI-compatible monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers. Or the dock can be connected to an HDMI-compatible television and home theater audio system to enjoy video, music, games and more.
Motorola ATRIX Key Features and Specifications
- Access to more than 300,000 apps and games in Android Market™· A dual-core 1GHz processor, for fast Web browsing and rendering of games
- A full 1GB of RAM to deliver effortless multi-tasking, such as watching a movie while receiving and responding to email
- A qHD display, offering high resolution and 24-bit color, making it easier to read indoors and outdoors
- Front- and rear-facing cameras and the ability to record in HD
- Convenient biometric fingerprint reader for easily unlocking your phone while providing extra security
- Up to 48GB of storage (16GB internal and optional 32GB MicroSD card) – enough to store thousands of songs, photos and movies3
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi 802.11n support, enabling as much as 50 percent faster download and upload speeds in Wi-Fi mode compared to most other smartphones
- Under 11 mm thin with an extra large 1930 mAh battery for extended standby and talk time2
- Two microphones for noise-reduction technology so your calls will be heard loud and clear in even the noisiest environments
Motorola ATRIX is expected to be available starting January 2012 through Turkcell channels by 24 months instalments of TRY 56, including 250 MB data package.