Curious why AT&T’s variant of the Samsung GALAXY S receives an upgrade to Android 2.3 Gingerbread so late. Anyways better later than never right?
AT&T and Samsung deliver a new firmware upgrade for their Captivate (model SGH-i897), update available through Samsung KIES Mini software available for PC and Mac. The new firmware updates Captivate to Android 2.3 Gingerbread bringing new user features such as intuitive text input, a better download management, user interface improvements fixing top menu in Gmail, voice search added into search categories and vertical playmode for Youtube App. The upgrade also improves 3D graphics drivers, additional Khronos standard for better media performance and Concurrent Garbage Collector technology imbedded to reduce lags while playing games.
Android Gingerbread Highlights
New User Features
- Download Management.
- Intuitive Text Input.
- New layout for larger fonts and easy inputs
- Word prediction. Multi-touch for numerical input (Shift + Numbers)
- One-touch Word Selection and Copy/Past
- Fixed Top-menu in Gmail.
- Voice Search added into the search categories.
- Vertical play mode added for YouTube.
New Developer Features
- Enhancements for Game.
- 3D Graphic driver updates
- Additional Khronos standard such as OpenSL ES, EGL for better multimedia performance
- Concurrent Garbage Collector technology imbedded to reduce lags in playing games
If you do not have experience on how to upgrade your Samsung Captivate to the latest version please follow our source link to Samsung Support page for a full step-by-step guide on how to proceed.
source Samsung Support