Motorola Mobility have launched two new budget phones ahead of their imminent showing at CES 2012. Motorola Motoluxe and Motorola Defy Mini both sadly equipped with Gingerbread 2.3 Android version. Adding to their water-proof, dust-proof and scratch resistant range of smartphones the Defy and Motoluxe give Motorola users a couple of budget-friendly options heading into the new year.
Motorola’s MotoSwitch user interface changes the way you manage your life. With MotoSwitch, your smartphone learns who you talk to and which apps you use and keeps all of that information front and center. The Social Graph feature gives you easy and fast access to the people who really matter. It learns who’s most important to you and uses that information to populate the home screen. The more frequently you communicate with someone, the bigger their icon becomes.
Also in addition to Motoswitch, the smartphones come with Google’s Mobile services such as Google Search, chatting with your friends using Google Talk, or find your way anywhere you want to go with Google Maps with navigation.
Shows off with a 4-inch edge-to-edge touchscreen as well as a 8-megapixel autofocus camera with flash lets you shoot like a pro and capture life clearly and fully. Comes in both liquorice and white shades and is one of Motorola’s slimmest budget phones. A Qualcomm 800 MHz processor powers the Motoluxe which runs Gingerbread 2.3 on Motorola’s very own launchers. Motoluxe is already available in China under the name Motorola XT615 and is expected to be available in Greater China, Europe and Latin America starting in February. Detailed specs list below:
- 800 MHz Qualcomm Processor
- Google Android Gingerbread 2.3 OS
- 4.0 inch Capacitive Touchscreen Display
- 480 x 854 Pixels Screen Resolution
- 8 Megapixel Camera with LED flash
- VGA Camera at Front for Video Chat
- Internal Memory: 512MB RAM, 1 GB ROM
- Up to 32GB Expandable Memory
- Multiformat Video/Audio Player
- Stereo FM Radio
- Bluetooth v3.0
- Micro USB v2.0
Motorola Defy Mini
Water-resistant, dust-proof and with a scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass display, Motorola Defy Mini is the ideal smartphone for active users who need a device as resilient as they are. With a 3.2-inch touchscreen good for emailing, texting and browsing the Web, and a long battery-life, you can keep this phone on and by your side all day long no matter where you go, so you’ll never miss a beat. Defy Mini follows up on the previous Motorola Defy version which too was water-resistant, dust-proof and with a scratch resistant screen and is expected to be Motorola Defy Mini is expected to be available in China under the name Motorola XT320 and in select countries in Europe and Latin America starting in February. Detailed specs list below:
- Network : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 , HSDPA 850 / 1900
- Screen : TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors , 320 x 480 pixels ,
- Corning Gorilla Glass, Touch sensitive controls, MOTOBLUR UI with
- Live Widgets
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Camera 5 MP, 2592&#1093;1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash , Geo-tagging, image stabilization , secondary Vijay
- OS Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- GPS with A-GPS support
You can catch both these phones at Motorola’s booth (LVCC, Central Hall, Booth NO. 8644) at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show, January 10 – 13, 2012.