Promised a while ago by Sprint Wireless provider, the upgrade to Android Honeycomb operating system for HTC EvoView 4G is now available.
The new software update build 2.23.651.1 for Evo View 4G brings Google’s Android 3.2.1 Honeycomb OS and a new user interface (UI). This new build also adds a list of new features along with several enhancements and bug fixes available in the change log below.
Software update build 2.23.651.1 include:
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen—is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Google video chat
- Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode
Instructions on how to update your Evo View 4G tablet to the latest updates over the air:
- On the Home screen, tap Menu and then tap Settings
- Scroll up and tap System updates
- Tap HTC software update
- On the Software updates screen, tap Check now; your tablet will check for updates
- If there are no updates available, you will see the message Your tablet is up to date; tap OK and press Home to return to the Home screen
Also check this sheet on HTC website for a comprehensive help support and a better understanding of the apps running on it.