While Samsung and carriers around the globe think of a way to finally put to sale the first running Android 4.0 smartphone, Paul O’Brien founder of MoDaCo with his Superboot tool offers permanent supper user access (root) to the Samsung GALAXY Nexus with Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
A download link and instructions how to root your GALAXY Nexus down below just follow the steps:
APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! (Nobody else to be held responsible for your actions but yourself).
How to use Superboot – Windows, Linux and OSX
– Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
– Put your device in bootloader mode – Turn off the phone then turn on with the ‘volume up’ and ‘volume down’ buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)
– WINDOWS – double click ‘install-superboot-windows.bat’
– MAC – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-mac.sh’
– LINUX – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-linux.sh’
Note: If you are using a retail Galaxy Nexus, you may need to unlock the bootloader first, using ‘./fastboot-windows oem unlock’ (or the appropriate version for your machine). Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device.
For more details head over to Modaco webpage or just contact Paul on Twitter.