AT&T announced in a press-release earlier today, that 2 brand new and the first 4G LTE devices will go on sale November 6th, Samsung GALAXY S II SkyRocket and HTC Vivid.
Both are high-end devices powered by Google Android 2.3.5 OS and ready for AT&T 4G LTE Network starting November 6th.
SkyRocket features a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with an 480×800 pixels resolution, a 1.5GHz dual-core CPU, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera capable of recording 1080p HD video and 16GB built-in memory storage, available Nov. 6th for a price tag of $250 on a contract.
HTC Vivid boasts a 4.5-inch qHD display, powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, an 8MP camera on the back and 16GB built-in memory storage available November 6th for $200 on a two-year agreement from AT&T.
First LTE Smartphones for AT&T Customers Available Nationwide Nov. 6HTC Vivid and Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Both Android Smartphones, Will Run on AT&T’s 4G LTE Network
Dallas, Texas, October 31, 2011
Starting next week, more AT&T customers will be able to enjoy fast 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) speeds on new devices – including the first AT&T 4G LTE smartphones – in even more markets.
- AT&T* introduced two new Android™ smartphones, the first to be AT&T 4G LTE-capable.
- HTC Vivid™ and Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™ will arrive in AT&T company-owned stores and online Nov. 6.
- AT&T 4G LTE service will launch Nov. 6 in Boston, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Athens, Ga.
- AT&T offers the only smartphones able to utilize both LTE and HSPA+ 4G speeds, for a consistently fast connection in and out of LTE areas.
- The Nov. 6 launches expand AT&T’s 4G LTE network to 9 markets, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio, and it plans to reach 15 markets and 70 million Americans by year-end 2011.
- AT&T exceeds commitment to offer 20 4G devices in 2011, addition of LTE smartphones on Nov. 6 brings 4G total to 22.
- AT&T far exceeds commitment to deliver 12 Android devices in 2011; new LTE smartphones bring total to 21.
Realize the full power of LTE on the HTC Vivid with fast web browsing, powered by a dual core 1.2 GHz processor and a brilliant 4.5-inch qHD display. Music and Android Market apps download and are ready in a snap, or photos and video are a breeze to upload after using the exceptional camera for low-light photos and full widescreen HD video.
HTC Vivid features the acclaimed HTC Sense user experience, which includes a customizable active lockscreen that transforms the display into a real-time window to your most important information and content, such as social updates, photos, weather or stock updates that are viewed by simply waking up the display. Sharper graphics, vibrant animations and new widgets make HTC Sense better than ever and, by continuing to focus on the details, HTC provides a more cinematic and immersive multimedia experience with stunning imagery and audible weather effects.
- 4.5-inch qHD display (540×960 pixels)
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- Enhanced 8-megapixel camera with f2.2 28mm wide angle lens for low light photos
- 1080p HD video recording at 60 frames per second, slow motion playback and on-device trimmer to optimize social media uploads and memory space
- 16 GB of on-board memory, microSD expandable to an additional 32 GB
The HTC Vivid will arrive in AT&T company-owned retail stores and online Nov. 6 for $199.99 with a two-year commitment. Customers can learn more at www.att.com/speed.
Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™
Lightning fast reflexes powered by a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and AT&T 4G LTE speeds make the Galaxy S II Skyrocket faster for Web browsing and all