CyanogenMod team announced the availability of CM7 (Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread) firmware for Samsung GALAXY S II Epic Touch 4G.
If this is your first time experience on how-to flash a CM7 build you need to follow step by step this guide below.
Note: You may need to flash twice back to back if the first one goes by too quickly – the actual flash takes a little time and sometimes the first flash doesn’t “stick”.
Install via ClockworkMod recovery (do not use ROMManager for initial install):
- Make sure you’re running a rooted device.
- Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery (http://forum.xda-dev…d.php?t=1118693)
- Do a Nandroid backup!
- WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition) – do it for real.
- Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Do not reboot! We mean it – do nothing except choose zip and continue next step (if you come back to us with permission issues in install, we will know you did not read the directions and will call you an idiot). If it just plain hangs, reboot directly back into ClockworkMod recovery and continue at the next step.
- Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery, again (due to a bug in the install).
- Install the Google Addon through ROMManager which is easiest, but you can
download the gapps.zip and install via ClockworkMod recovery instead.