Sony Ericsson started rolling Android 2.3.4 for the whole Xperia 2011 line-up in Northern European countries back in September.
Today the company announced Android 2.3.4 availability for Xperia devices on a global scale, meaning it is reaching all Xperia 2011 smartphones world-wide.
“The phones that will get the software update are: Xperia™ arc, Xperia™ PLAY, Xperia™ neo, Xperia™ mini, Xperia™ mini pro, Xperia™ pro, Xperia™ ray, Xperia™ active, Xperia™ neo V, Xperia™ arc S and the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman™. The update will be available for all unlocked phones and most operator variants but there will be local deviations. There are also some deviations on feature upgrade depending on phone model. Google Talk video chat will only be available for phones with front facing camera. Xperia™ PLAY will not get 3D panorama sweep but it will get HD video recording and the other goodies below.”
The highlights of the update are:
- Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia™ functionality for enhanced like, share and discover abilities. We have talked about Facebook inside Xperia™ on previous posts.
- Xperia™ smartphones introducing world’s first 3D Sweep Panorama functionality powered by Sony.
- 16x video zoom
- The software upgrade will enable consumers to turn their Xperia™ smartphone into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson LiveDock™ multimedia station. Connect the smartphone to a TV via HDMI to get a big screen experience.
- Gesture input – text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next
- WiFi DLNA
- Screen capture – allows the user to share a screen grab from anywhere in the phone.
According to Sony Ericsson’s Product blog there will be an “Update Marathon” going on next week.
via Sony Ericsson Blog