Mozilla launches Firefox for Android version 7.0 an update wich offers an improved copy and paste ( Copy any site content and paste to other applications, SMS, or text fields), a Built-in language detection on first run and WebSockets API a powerful tool for Web developers to build responsive Web apps and sites.
For update check your Android device marketplace app or you can do it via web-based market or just scan the QR code provided by us down below.
The latest version of Firefox for Android has the following changes:
- Copy & Paste – Text selection in web content: Long tap in a web page and start selecting text using the familiar Android-style drag handles. This was a top request by Firefox users
- Added a ‘Quit’ action to the Android menu: exit the browser with one tap. When you restart Firefox, you can quickly continue where you left off by restoring all or individual tabs from your previous session. This was another very frequent feature request from mobile Firefox users
- Use Firefox in your language: When Firefox starts for the first time, it detects the language setting of your Android device and automatically switches to that language, if Firefox supports it. You can switch Firefox to a different language with a single tap
- Improved image rendering on Tegra-based tablets and phones (see bug 669851)
- The WebSocket API is now available in Firefox for Android (see bug 537787)
- Firefox for Android is built on the same rendering engine as Firefox for desktop computers. Please see the Firefox release notes for additional relevant changes
What’s New with Add-ons
There are now over 160 add-ons for Firefox for mobile, and counting. Thanks to our awesome community, the number of exciting compatible add-ons increases constantly.
If you are a developer: Now is the time to extend your reach and build a new awesome add-on, or to make your mobile add-ons compatible with Firefox for Android. Find all the tools and resources you need on the Mozilla Developer Network. Existing add-on developers can find more information about the specific changes in this version on the Mozilla Developer Network.
Please see the features from previous releases to see what other technologies are available for add-on developers.